Important Information Concerning COVID-19
Spine and Sports Physical Therapy takes great pride in providing exceptional treatment to our patients, and there is nothing more important to us than your health and safety during this unprecedented time.
The Department of Homeland Security and state governments have deemed physical therapy an essential component of health care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic; therefore, our Dublin clinic is open and we are resuming treatment in our Concord and Livermore clinics on April 8, 2020.
We are taking extensive preventative measures, guided by the CDC, to protect our patients and employees who enter our centers.
We hope that by providing this information, you can make a clear decision to continue your plan of care with us during this time. The following protocols are now in place:
· All patients will be screened upon arrival of their appointment time to make sure they are not exhibiting symptoms. If a patient is presenting with COVID-19 symptoms, they will be advised to return home and contact their physician. This screening process includes a questionnaire, taking of temperature at the door and washing of hands before treatment.
· All employees will be screened for COVID-19 daily. Those presenting any level of symptoms will return home and follow up with their physician before returning to work.
· Ongoing reinforcement to all staff regarding hand washing and other preventative measures for equipment, supplies, and tables are in place and being reinforced.
· Visitors: In order to minimize exposure to patients and staff, we ask that any accompanying family, friends, drivers or other visitors wait outside the facility, such as in the car, during your appointment. If your visitor is waiting outside the facility, you may request that we notify them at the end of your visit so that they may be there to meet you when you exit the building.
· Social Distancing: To maintain social distancing, we ask that no more than 2 patients wait in the waiting room at one time. If you need to wait in the car and you would like a call when the therapist is ready please notify the front desk.
That said, if you do not feel comfortable coming to a center for care during this time, we will gladly reschedule your appointment for a later date. In addition, many of our locations are now offering Telehealth services so that you can easily connect with one of our licensed therapists through web-based technology that is HIPAA compliant. Please call us for more information concerning Telehealth at 925-803-0530.
If for any reason you are not feeling well, please contact the center and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
To help prevent the virus:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The Spine and Sports Physical Therapy Team